Sunway University is proud to host the 21st Malaysian Finance Association (MFA) conference 2019. We cordially invite submission of research papers in all areas in finance and economics. The annual conference provides an open platform for scholars and practitioners particularly from the Asian region to meet and share their current research as well as to exchange ideas and information on new developments in finance and economics. The conference is committed to high-quality research on current issues and challenges facing the financial industry, and education. All papers will be double blind-reviewed by a panel of established researchers.
CHIEF GUEST SPEAKER:
YB Lim Guan Eng, Minister of Finance Malaysia
EMINENT SCHOLARS’ ADDRESS:
- Professor Robert F. Faff, University of Queensland, Editor-in-Chief, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal
- Professor Iftekhar Hasan, Fordham University, Managing Editor, Journal of Financial Stability
Papers in all areas of finance are welcome, including corporate finance, asset pricing, market microstructure, behavioural finance, Islamic finance, financial institutions, international finance, emerging capital markets, and finance education (note: any non-finance topics but related to financial industry are also welcome).
BEST PAPER AWARDS:
- Three MFA best papers will be published in Capital Markets Review with an award of RM 1,000 each
- Two best paper awards sponsored by The Pacific-Basin Finance Journal with USD$ 500 each
- Two best paper awards sponsored by CFA Society Malaysia with USD$ 500 each and will be published in CFA Institute Asia-Pacific Research Exchange (New!)
JOURNAL PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- Pacific-Basin Finance Journal – Special Issue in Islamic Finance
- Emerging Markets Review
- Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money
- Capital Markets Review
- Malaysian Journal of Economic Studies
- International Journal of Economics and Management
- Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance
- Asian Journal of Business and Accounting
- International Journal of Business and Society
All these journals will decide on acceptance using their own review process, and are committed to select and publish 2 or more papers in their respective journals.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Please submit (1) a blind copy of the manuscript without author information, and (2) a separate file for the cover page containing the paper title, abstract, and authors’ contact information. Please send PDF or Ms-word version only.
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||15/4/2019 (Extended to 15/5/2019)|
|Decision Notification Deadline||15/6/2019|
|Registration (Early Bird) Deadline||30/6/2019|
|Registration (Author) Deadline||10/7/2019|
|a) MFA member||RM 800||RM 900|
|b) Non-MFA member||RM 900||RM 1,000|
|c) Student||RM 450||RM 550|
|d) Corporate Participant||RM 1,000||RM 1,000|
|a) Presenter||RM 1,000||RM1,100|
|b) Participant / Student Presenter||RM 500||RM 600|
Conference Program Chair,
21st Malaysian Finance Association Conference (MFAC) 2019
Sunway University Business School, Sunway University
Jalan Universiti, Bandar Sunway,
Tel (O): +603-7491-8622 (7306)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Information Updated on 17 April 2019.